Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
October 6 Release
Please see the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
- Instructors may now add anonymous annotations to student submissions. This feature must be activated on the course level in the Feature Options tab of the Course Settings page:
- On the Edit Assignment page, you’ll now see a checkbox to anonymize the annotations for that assignment.
- When students view their submissions in DocViewer, the instructor’s name will show as “Grader” on the annotations.
Rotate Documents in DocViewer
- DocViewer now offers the capability to rotate pages within a document. See the new Rotate button in the Toolbar:
- Instructors and students can rotate on a page-by-page basis to quickly fix documents with incorrect orientation.
Mark element in Rich Content Editor
- The Mark HTML element, better known as highlighting, is now supported by the Rich Content Editor:
- To use Mark highlighting, enter the HTML editor from the Edit Page screen and enclose the desired text with a <mark> highlighted text here </mark> tag:
The next Canvas release will be deployed on Saturday, October 27, with release notes available Monday, October 15.