Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
August 25 Release
Please view the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
Dashboard List View and Mark as Done Module Requirements
- Existing feature: Instructors can require the student to click “Mark as done” on a page
- Change: The Mark as Done requirement now synchronizes with the recently-implemented Dashboard List View
- When the student marks a page as done, the checkbox in Dashboard List View will be automatically checked.
SpeedGrader: Anonymous Assignment Hidden Submission Details
- SpeedGrader will hide submission details if an assignment is muted.
- Upon unmuting the assignment, all details will show in SpeedGrader, including student names and submission time.
Student Learning Mastery Gradebook Outcome Icons
- Only available in the New Gradebook
- Clicking on the “i” icon allows students to quickly view information on their progress towards outcome mastery
- Promotes the alignment of assessments with learning outcomes
August 4 Release
Please see the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
Student To Do List View
- The Student Dashboard now offers a List view for to-do items in each course.
- Toggle List view by clicking the three dots near the top right of the Dashboard.
- Students can add list items of their choice, and instructors can add graded and ungraded assignments to students’ to-do lists.
Instructors can directly add modules, assignments, quizzes, or discussions to students’ to-do lists when creating or editing the page:
Google Docs and Office 365 Assignment Submission Processing Notification
- Upload process for Google Docs and Office 365 submissions has been improved
- Students can browse away or close the page without affecting the submission
DocViewer Comment Stacking
- In DocViewer, related comment threads are now represented by stacking.
- Initially shows the number of replies.
- Click the comment box to expand all replies to the original comment
The next production release is scheduled for Saturday, September 15. Please see the Canvas Releases page for Production Release Notes, available on September 4.