Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
September 15 Release
Please view the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
Bulk Accept for Moderated Grading
- This change affects only courses using the New Gradebook with Moderated Grading
- The moderator can choose to accept all grades by a grader for all assignments in which that grader is the only grader for the student
- Students with submissions graded by more than one grader will still need to be individually approved by Moderator
Last Date Attended in Student Profile
- Instructors may now note the final date of attendance in a student’s Profile page
- The date cannot be deleted once added
- Allows instructors to easily see the last date of on-ground attendance from each student’s Profile page
Export All SpeedGrader Comments as PDF
- Click the Download Submission Comments link in the SpeedGrader sidebar to generate a PDF containing all comments for the submission
- Allows easy exporting, sharing, and printing of comments
- Not available for muted assignments
Full production release notes for the September 15 release are available on the Canvas LMS Community.
Can you scan this for me? Yes, we can… but we prefer to teach YOU to do it yourself! Knowledge is power, right?! Today, the wonderful and talented Faye is making a guest appearance on the blog, and is introducing you to our new toy. Ok, it’s not a toy, unless you’re a technology geek like I am! Ok Faye, take it away…
Scan your documents with ease! Our new document scanner can scan up to 112 pages per minute in black and white, grayscale, and color. This is perfect for those documents needing high quality optical character recognition. We also have a cool new software application to use with the document scanner, called ABBYY FineReader. This program allows you to create editable and searchable electronic files from scanned paper documents and PDFs. If you only have hard copy handouts and you want them digitized for editing and/or for uploading into your ANGEL course shell, this is the perfect solution for you!
If you’d like to try it out, give us a call and we’d be happy to help you get started.
This is a continuation from the previous post, and includes an exciting conclusion to the “unofficial guide to everything that you need to know about PDFs… For Dummies… Cliff Notes… abridged edition 1.0! ”
I’ll just come right out and say it- the PDF is one of the most useful yet misunderstood concepts in instructional technology. Well have no fear, because the CTL Blog is here to shed some light on the subject! (Insert nostalgic, superhero theme song here.) To make this as painless as possible, I’ve created the unofficial guide to everything that you need to know about PDFs… For Dummies… Cliff Notes… abridged edition 1.0!