Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
October 27 Release
Please see the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
Analytics Beta LTI
- The Analytics Beta LTI tool will eventually replace the existing Course Analytics tool
- Compare average and individual student grades across various assignment types
- Interactive tables and graphs facilitate powerful data analysis
- Activate Analytics Beta through Settings > Nagivation
- Complete documentation on features
- User Guide for Analytics Beta
Submission Status of Google Drive and Office 365 Uploads
- The status of assignment uploads from Google Drive and Office 365 LTIs are now visible to both students and instructors
- Exclamation point indicates upload failed, up arrow indicates a submission is queued for upload but has not finished
- Instructors may view the same icons in the Gradebook
- Icons also visible in SpeedGrader
HTML5 Option for Recording Media
- Currently only available as a Feature Option in Canvas Beta, but will eventually become standard
- Replaces Flash-based video and audio recording with the more secure standard of HTML5
- Further discussion on the Feature Idea of deprecating Flash in Canvas
Recording with the Rich Content Editor will no longer require Flash functionality.
The next Canvas release will be deployed on Saturday, November 17, with release notes available Monday, November 5.