Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
June 2 Release
Please view the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this Canvas release.
DocViewer Annotations and Commenting experience
- Instructors can delete comments or annotations for any user – useful for incorrect or inappropriate posts
- Can add annotations to JPG, PNG, TIFF and other popular image formats
- Comments are now truncated to five lines instead of one. Click the comment to show the full text.
- Large images are automatically scaled down to avoid scrolling
- Users can now comment on annotations even if they are not the original author of the annotation
May 12 Release
The New Feature Screencast presents a useful walkthrough of the changes in this release:
The “Allow users to comment” checkbox allowing students to comment on course announcements is now persistent, meaning you will not have to check this box on every announcement – Canvas will remember what you selected for the previous announcement.
The submission details sidebar now will show the term “submitted,” where previously “turned in” was used. This improves consistency of terminology throughout Canvas.
In the Files area, the settings for each file is now represented by a three-dot Options icon:
It is now possible to enable students and observers in a course to search for users by primary email address. Previously, only Canvas administrators, instructors, and TAs could search by primary email address.
Stay tuned for the next production release on Saturday, June 23. See the Canvas Releases page for Beta Release Notes on Monday, June 11 and Production Release Notes on Monday, June 18.