Canvas is updated every third Saturday with new features and fixes. The Macomb CTL will post highlights from the production release notes and related content to our blog at ctl.emacomb.com. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about Canvas releases.
July 14 Release
Please view the New Feature Screencast for a video demonstration of the updates in this release.
Anonymous Moderated Grading
- Requires enabling by Canvas admin – contact CTL if interested
- Anonymous Grading – graders are unable to view students’ names
- Moderated Grading – instructor can set assignment submissions to be reviewed by one or more graders, and which grade should be made final
- Please see the official Canvas documentation of this feature for complete details and discussion
- Must be enabled by a Canvas admin – contact CTL if interested
- Create a rubric without point values to promote learner engagement and interaction with ungraded activities
- See the official feature documentation for further details
Self-registered Courses: Pair Students with Observers
- Observer does not need to know student’s username or password
- Student can click Pair with Observer button to generate a six-digit code to share with their intended Observer (most often a parent, mentor, or guest) who enters the code in their own User Settings.
- Please see the official Canvas document on the Observer role for more information on its permissions and restrictions.
The next production release is scheduled for Saturday, August 4. Please see the Canvas Releases page for Production Release Notes, available on Monday, July 23.